Underwriting Support Specialist
Personal Lines Department
As soon as possible
Underwriting Support Specialists in RAM's personal lines department are responsible for data entry, processing of new business, endorsements, and cancellations, policy assembly and other clerical duties. This position may evolve into an underwriting position.
- Excellent data perception, keyboarding, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Human relations skills
- Good time management skills
- Positive attitude
- Desire to learn
RAM Mutual is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to adjust claims and perform inspections on direct lines insurance business. This position will play an essential role in providing superior customer service to our policyholders by assisting them with navigating the claims process. If you are interested in joining a fun, growing regional insurance company or in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online today.
- Must be located within Northwest Minnesota.
- Prior experience in claims investigation and adjusting is required.
- Inspection background is beneficial.
- Property/liability insurance background, which includes a good working knowledge of the insurance industry, is beneficial.
- Knowledge of residential, commercial, and agricultural construction is a plus.
- Must have excellent human relations abilities, written and verbal communication skills, and public speaking skills.
- Must have valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must be physically able to climb a ladder and have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Requires some over-night travel.
- May be required to be away from home for several weeks during CAT events.
- Must be willing to attend seminars and other educational opportunities.
Company vehicle and equipment provided.
All full-time employees receive the following benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- 401(k) Plan with a 200% match up to your first 5%
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Educational Benefits
How to apply
If you would like to apply for an open position please complete the following job application and send along with a cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Manager - Human Resources
RAM Mutual Insurance Company
P.O. Box 308
Esko, MN 55733